Happy Pancake Day! Would you like to blow away your guests at breakfast or brunch? Today in honor of pancake day, I want to share my homemade french toast pancake recipe. These fluffy, flavor-rich pancakes are my favorite thing for breakfast and always a crowd-pleaser. You won’t regret trying something new, check out my recipe today!
This simple recipe will be a smash hit with any french toast/pancake lover. Guaranteed you’ll be reaching for more than one of these soft and fluffy cakes. Breakfast with a twist all starts with the batter. Lets get started!
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook: 20 Mins Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk mixed with a tablespoon of vinegar (buttermilk sub)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
1. Combine together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add the milk, cooled melted butter, vanilla, egg, and whisk together.
2. Mix batter until smooth (the consistency will be thick and creamy). If you prefer thinner pancakes, add a tablespoon or two of milk.
3. Set the batter aside and heat up your pan or griddle. Place your griddle on low-medium heat and lightly grease with pam or butter.
4. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and lightly spread better with a ladle.
5. When the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and bubbles appear on the surface, flip with a spatula.
These pancakes are great on their own or with honey, maple syrup, butter, whipped cream and ice cream! Try this delicious recipe for a sweet breakfast treat. Also, let me know what you think. Would you be interested in trying these or did you try and like them? Let me know it all below.